The Centre for Chaplaincy with Children and Young People is an idea which has developed over a number of years and has arisen out of the work of MCYM staff members Paul Nash in paediatric chaplaincy and Nigel Roberts in schools chaplaincy and the EA Education group.
MCYM has been running short courses in chaplaincy for several years and has also recently published a Grove booklet on this topic.
In time the Centre will offer accredited courses, CPD, mentoring, non-managerial supervision, placements, work on resources, shadowing opportunities. Our experienced staff will also be able to offer supervisions of research.
Our staff can also provide consultancy in a range of issues relating to chaplaincy with children and young people with particular specialisms in education and healthcare.
Resources - Student essays
Read student essays written as part of their studies with MCYM
- Chaplaincy with children and young people as community work
- How do we assess and meet spiritual needs of young people in hospital?
- Spirituality of sick adolescents and their spiritual care needs
- Do chaplains effectively contribute towards spirituality in further education?
- Effectiveness of school chaplaincy with female students
Resources - open access journal articles
These open access journals offer a useful insight and can be downloaded using the links below
- Daily spiritual experiences
- Taxonomy of Chaplaincy Activities
- Attachment theory and God
- Spiritual Climate scale
- Spiritual Care Journal Club1 Four Domains model Fisher
- Theos Think Tank - A Very Modern Ministry: Chaplaincy in the UK
- Assessing the evidence on faith schools
Resources - Schools Chaplaincy CPD day videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLY858RNoUo&feature=youtu.be - Tim Lea on caring for staff
https://vimeo.com/219385001 - Jo Whitehead - Starting out
https://vimeo.com/219377008 -Nigel Roberts - Incarnation and Invitation - evangelism and the chaplain
https://vimeo.com/219346886 Andy Wolfe, Deeply Christian
We have initiated a collaborative project aimed at developing occupational standards for those working as chaplains with children and young people. If you are interested in taking part in the consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org